Sectoral Information - Urban Expo Eurasia Fair
- Turkey is the second fastest urbanizing country since 1960’s, after South Korea.
- As of 2014, Turkish construction companies are working on 7.684 projects in 104 countries worth over 300 billion dollars.
- The top 5 countries where Turkish construction companies take on projects are Turkmenistan, Russia, Algeria, Qatar and Kazakhstan. Turkmenistan is first with 20.7%,
- Russia second with 14.8% and Algeria third with 14.2%.
- In 2014, one of 4 construction services has been roads, bridges and tunnels. Railways is second with 12.7% and business centre’s third with 12.3%.
- More than 1.5 million people work in the construction sector in Turkey, equaling around 6% of the GDP.